Carmel Swim Academy provides a variety of aquatics programming to help you and your swimmer establish, build upon, and progress safely through a continuum of skills in the pool. CSA built a cumulative curriculum that is guided by four core foundations. Each of our programs, including Group Swim Lessons, Private/Semi-Private Lessons, Stroke Technique, and Swim Club Prep encompasses particular components of these core foundations: Solace, Safety, Skills, and Stability. Read on for details and more information about each of these focus areas.
- SOLACE – Our goal is that your child:
- Wants to be in the water,
- Can move easily in the water, and
- Is able to relax in the water.
- SAFETY – Our goal is that your child:
- Can save themselves or can hold out for rescue,
- Respects the power of the water, and
- Knows how best to be safe around the water.
- SKILLS – Our goal is that your child:
- Can demonstrate Freestyle, Backstroke, Butterfly, and Breaststroke with good technique,
- Can demonstrate their safety skills to a high degree, and
- Can demonstrate competitive skills with good technique.
- STABILITY – Our goal is that your child:
- Has the strength needed to maintain good technique for any distance,
- Can swim for any length without much struggle, and
- Has the endurance to maintain a steady pace for long term.
As always, if you have any questions, please reach out to CSA’s Aquatics Director, Nicole Bills (firstname.lastname@example.org).