Carmel Swim Academy is one part of the larger Carmel Swim Club community. Carmel Swim Club’s mission is teaching excellence through swimming, for life. CSA offers a doorway to swimming through dynamic aquatics programming, including group swim lessons. Over the last six weeks, we’ve shared the stories of six Carmel Swim Club alumni. These videos detail the lasting impact swimming––particularly swimming with Carmel––has on their lives. The overall takeaway? The relationships you forge in the pool, with your coaches, teammates, and yourself, provide an enduring touchstone throughout life. Though diverse in their experiences each of these swimmers would encourage your family to “test the waters” and give swimming a try.
We’ll continue to feature new videos weekly. In the meantime, if you’ve missed any of our past impact stories, you can find them all here:
- Ryan Zukerman: Ryan reflects on the sense of joy he gained and maintained throughout his time swimming and the lasting power of the relationships he forged through Carmel Swim Club.
- Emy DiBenigno: Emy started swimming as a result of her older siblings’ involvement in the sport. Looking back now, Emy is impressed with the strength of community swimming surrounded her with.
- Daniel Hasler: Daniel’s desire to join Carmel Swim Club stemmed from getting to know great people and wanting to spend more time with them. Daniel talks about the literal and figurative ways “swimming takes you places.”
- Brendan and Lauren Joyce: Brendan Joyce met Lauren Stauder through Carmel Swim Club. Now married, the Joyces spoke to us together about their memories and the importance of learning to swim.
- Missy McCracken: Missy was part of the Carmel High School Girls Swimming and Diving Team that initiated the current streak of 34 IHSAA state championships. A swim coach and a swim mom, Missy is passionate about growing the love for our sport.
- Matt Segar: Swimming was part of Matt’s life for 19 years. Now a second year Internal Medicine Resident at the University of Texas Southwestern, Matt shares how his Carmel swimming experience uniquely prepared him for success in his career.
Are you a CSC alum who is interested in being featured? We’d love to talk with you! Contact Maggie (email@example.com, 317-432-6546) to schedule your interview.