The Carmel Swim Club (CSC) and Carmel Swim Academy are hosting a watch party for the US Olympic Team Trials – Swimming on Sunday, June 13 at Midtown Plaza in Carmel. The Finals Session, featuring the top qualifiers from the morning’s preliminaries, will be shown live on the big screen at Midtown Plaza. The broadcast begins at 8 PM, and CSC encourages fans to show up early to claim a prime viewing spot.
This year’s US Olympic Team Trials were split into two waves in order to ensure the health and safety of all athletes, coaches, and spectators. Wave I took place between June 4 and 7, and Sunday marks the first day of Wave II in Omaha, Nebraska. Athletes competing in this wave have the opportunity to qualify as part of the US Olympic Team. Eight Carmel Swim Club athletes and alumni are competing in Wave II. CSC wants these swimmers to hear their hometown’s enthusiasm and support, even from 577 miles away.
The following CSC athletes and alumni will compete between June 13 and 20 at US Olympic Team Trials – Swimming:
- Berit Berglund: 100 Backstroke
- Amy Bilquist, representing Scottsdale Aquatic Club: 100 Backstroke, 100 Freestyle, 200 Backstroke, 50 Freestyle
- Madelyn Christman: 100 Backstroke, 200 Individual Medley, 200 Backstroke
- Wyatt Davis: 100 Backstroke, 200 Backstroke
- Drew Kibler, representing the University of Texas: 200 Freestyle, 100 Freestyle, 100 Butterfly, 50 Freestyle
- Jake Mitchell: 400 Freestyle, 200 Freestyle, 800 Freestyle
- Emma Nordin, representing Arizona State University: 400 Freestyle, 200 Freestyle, 800 Freestyle
- Kelly Pash: 100 Butterfly, 200 Freestyle, 200 Butterfly, 100 Freestyle
Join Carmel Swim Club Sunday evening on Midtown Plaza to cheer on these athletes as they chase their Olympic dreams! Daily coverage of finals will be live across NBC channels and 24 hours of preliminary coverage will be streamed on NBCOlympics.com and the NBC Sports App. The full broadcast schedule can be found here.
ABOUT CARMEL SWIM CLUB
Carmel Swim Club is a 501c3 nonprofit organization, established in 1973 with the mission, “teaching excellence through swimming, for life.” CSC’s vision is to be a community club with a national presence. Long recognized as the premier youth swim team in Indiana, and one of the top-performing swim teams in the country, Carmel Swim Club also offers a continuum of aquatics programs for individuals to engage in lifelong healthy activity under the Carmel Swim Academy umbrella. CSC is currently constructing a new pool in the heart of Carmel to house all community-based Carmel Swim Academy programs.